Lots of changes on this week's depth chart. Unfortunately due to injuries. Such is life, and football, but the "next man up" as it were. The bye week is almost nigh!
- X receiver: Thomas Sperbeck, D.J. Dean, Austin Cottrell
- H receiver: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Terrell Johnson, Akilian Butler
- Z receiver: Chaz Anderson, A.J. Richardson
- LT: Archie Lewis, Andres Preciado
- LG: Travis Averill, Andrew Tercek
- C: Marcus Henry, Mason Hampton
- RG: Steven Baggett, Kellen Buhr, Tennessee Su'esu'e
- RT: Mario Yakoo, Jerhen Ertel
- TE: Jake Roh, Holden Huff, Jake Hardee, Alec Dhaenens
- QB: Brett Rypien, Thomas Stuart, Alex Ogle
- RB: Jeremy McNichols, Kelsey Young, Devan Demas, Jack Fields
- DE: Tyler Horn, Sam McCaskill
- NT: Armand Nance, Robert Ash
- DT: Justin Taimatuia, Tutulupeatu Mataele, Elloit Hoyte
- STUD: Kamalei Correa, Durrant Miles
- WLB: Ben Weaver OR Tyler Gray, Leighton Vander Esch
- MLB: Tanner Vallejo, Joe Martarano, Darren Lee
- N: Chanceller James, Mercy Maston
- CB: Raymond Ford OR Tyler Horton
- S: Kameron Miles, Skyler Seibold
- S: Darian Thompson, Cameron Hartsfield
- CB: Jonathon Moxey, Raymond Ford
- K: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- HOLD: Sean Wale
- SNAP: Kevin Keane, Matt Cota
- P: Sean Wale
- KO: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- KR: Jeremy McNichols, Kelsey Young
- PR: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Donte Deayon
Notes and Wild Speculation:
- Odhiambo is out with a broken ankle. And not even one of those figurative, funny, kind people joke about in basketball where a guy gets crossed over really hard. This is a real one that has to heal and such. Which is a bummer. Ankles this year have been the -- Achilles Heel -- for the Broncos. Heal fast Odhiambo!
- Bacon. Man, are we missing him right now. I respect that he had to leave for his own well-being but having another big body on the line would have helped allay anxiety about depth in general. The big guys in the trenches are dropping like flies. Who knows will be standing.
- This leaves the door open for Andres Preciado. If the depth chart is true, look to see him get a couple of snaps on Saturday, and not in garbage time. While he may be thrust into a game without having played a snap, We can expect him to be ready.
- Yakoo was out during the Wyoming game. He's still starting here. So unless someone forgot to backspace a couple of times and update right tackle, expect him to get his start. Like with Vallejo, Yakoo has been nicked up, so the coaching staff saw an opportunity in the Wyoming game to give some guys a breather. Hope to see him on the field. If not, then Ertel will have his opportunity to shine.
- No Jabril Frazier. Which is to be expected. Hopefully he can bounce back quickly.
- Vallejo is still in the starter spot. Anyone else feel like an OR could be put there and no one would skip a beat? Vallejo has earned his starting spot uncontested, but Martarano was more than capable in the fill-in role against Wyoming. I assume Vallejo will unleash a games worth of energy and rage upon the Rebels. I weep for them.
- I was right about Horton starting against Wyoming!!! He did well in place of future NFL Hall of Famer Donte Deayon. Did not get picked on (Horton only had one tackle) and had a pass breakup. Relatively quiet considering.
- I really hope Darian Thompson gets another sack.
- Rausa is still high fiving people.
Who do you expect to see on the line? Is it REALLY Ford OR Horton? How long until Vallejo and/or Yakoo are yanked? Turner basically done for the year? Are you still listening to me?! Don't look at me in that tone of voice!