Whoooo boy, last week’s result was pretty cool, eh? I wasn’t even expecting to cover let alone get there before the half. Tomorrow’s opponent looks to be a much stiffer test so we should definitely gird our loins for a closer outcome (though another one of those for the Broncos wouldn’t hurt my feelings).
This year we are going to change it up a little bit and have a few house rules so we know what to expect.
- Guess the actual score as close as you can (obviously) but in the event that no one gets the score 100% correct, we are going to go with how close you guys were. Without going over.
What does that mean?
Let’s say the score was Boise State wins 17-10. Person A had 17-13 and Person B had 17-7. Both had Boise State’s score, but whiffed a little on the opposing score. But both were within three of the opposing score. The person who had the guess of 7 wins because that person did not go over.
- The tiebreakers will go in order below. Again, as close to the actual tiebreaker as possible, even going over. In the unlikely even that the winner isn’t resolved after those, we are going to the ultimate winner: time. I will look at the time stamp and whoever posted first gets the nod.
- Always choose the Broncos to win. No matter the odds. Picking against the Broncos risks a lifetime ban. I’m kidding of course. But seriously.
- Robert Mahone rushing yards
- Curtis Weaver tackles
- Boise State punt return yards.
What do I get if I win?
Eternal glory. A hearty round of fist-pumps. And me e-mailing you wondering what your favorite DQ treat is. For no reason.
What about the UConn predict the score?
A lot of y’all got close. A lot of 63 guesses. Which makes my Price is Right rule nice because, while I wish you guys were correct, going over on the score makes it easier for me to take away the ‘incorrect’ guesses. So the closest guess was Bob_K with a guess of 59-6. That’s some mighty fine guessing Bob_K. (Side note: send me an e-mail. I have a question for you.)
OK. Time put your ‘Correct Score Guessing’ pants on. Lets hope they’re not as uncomfortable as your ‘Work’ pants. Those are the worst.