Update: You can read my answers here.
It’s that time again, folks! I swapped questions with Cowboys Ride For Free’s Micah Allen, and we agreed to the Blog Bet (wherein the winning team’s writer gets to post a friendly article on the losing blog). I realize that if you combined our two website’s names, you would have a full sentence that almost makes sense, in maybe a blasphemous sort of way. So without further ado:
1. Two games into the season, what have you seen from your team that makes you believe they can reach the playoffs and beat the snot out of stupid, ugly Alabama and unseat UCF as National Champions?
Our run game for sure. These running backs are not a joke. Justice Hill and Co. are the bright spot on a rebuilding year. However, I really don’t see a scenario where we make it anywhere near the CFP.
2. Spencer Hall just dubbed Boise State the “MURDER SMURFS” due to their 818 yard, 62-7 beatdown of UConn, in which the Huskies only crossed their 40-yard line once, and that was against BSU’s second team defense. Concerns?
Yes, that is very concerning. We have had some issues with our O-line against some not great defenses. That’s just going to make it worse. They’re going to have to buckle down and make sure they don’t let holes happen.
3. Using Microsoft Paint, illustrate a scenario you see playing out during the game Saturday.
4. Every team has a traditional arch-rival, but sometimes that can differ from person-to-person, depending on your experience with fanbases, teams, and heartbreaking losses. But if you were to pick a personal arch-rival, who would it be, and what cartoon villain would you liken them to?
OU for sure. I’m going to say Wile E Coyote,
5. On a scale of DC Movie Heroes (with Halle Berry’s Catwoman being “Not At All” and Christopher Reeves’ Superman being “Supremely”), how confident are you coming into this weekend’s matchup?
I’m going to say Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman. A little more confident than not at all, but not much.