1. Honestly, how do you feel Taysom Hill's performance has been this season? Would you rather see Taysom Hill or Tanner Mangum start against the Broncos? (Or maybe have Hill play up until the last throw and then put in Mangum?)
I love this question and it is one EVERY BYU fan has an opinion on. My personal opinion is that I am appeased with Taysom’s performance. It sure hasn’t been flashy, or even always pretty, but it gets the job done. Maybe he has "lost a step," as they say, but his leadership and ability to stay calm or even thrive under pressure has remained the same, so I can’t complain. So along that vein, of course I’m happy to see Taysom start against the Broncos. However, since before the season, I’ve been an advocate of the two QB system. I was actually hoping for Tanner as the starter with specialized packages for Taysom. But since that is not the case I’d still love to see Tanner come in on some third and long situations (but really don’t think he will). It would be an awesome troll to throw him in at some point, though.
2. What do you think is the best matchup of the game?
I think I’ve gotta go with the obvious, and the one I asked you about -- Jamaal Williams and Jeremy McNichols. Those are two of the better RBs in college football, if you ask me, and it will be fun to see what each of them can do.
3. Boise State is scheduled to play BYU through 2023. Despite that year sounding like a science-fiction date, where do you see this rivalry going?
Haha, it’s funny that you call it a rivalry. To be honest, I think the general consensus is that it’s more of a rivalry for Boise than it is for BYU, BUT I also think the general consensus is that we realllllly don’t like Boise, and the games are always good. So if that trend continues, I can only imagine the rivalry becoming more real on each side. Boise State is consistently good and I always enjoy the games. I’m very glad we’re scheduled out so far.
4. Using Microsoft Paint, illustrate a scenario you see playing out in this game.
5. On a scale of breakfast cereal (with Count Chocula being "supremely" and Weet-Bix being "not at all"), rate your confidence coming into this Thursday's game.
What a fun scale!! Ummmm. Let’s go with Cinnamon Life! A perfectly delicious cereal, but not quite the glorious, sweet goodness that is Count Chocula.
In normal person speak, I’m moderately confident. I was not happy with the way we played against Mississippi State, but we still managed to win against a very physical and well-sized SEC team. After a presumably much better week in practice, and with most of the team seeming to understand the gravity of this game, I’m expecting to see a cleaner team on our end and a great game.
Thank you, Mary, for your answers! Good luck this weekend, in whatever soccer matches you may have!
You can check out my answers here.