Boise State dropped the depth chart versus BYU on Monday. And guess what? If everything looks familiar, it should. It is exactly the same as the University of Washington game. I guess the coaches also see the value of "copy" and "paste".
- X receiver: Thomas Sperbeck, D.J. Dean, Austin Cottrell
- H receiver: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Terrell Johnson, Akilian Butler
- Z receiver: Chaz Anderson, A.J. Richardson
- LT: Rees Odhiambo, Troy Bacon
- LG: Mario Yakoo, Travis Averill, Andrew Tercek
- C: Marcus Henry, Mason Hampton
- RG: Steven Baggett, Kellen Buhr, Tennessee Su'esu'e
- RT: Archie Lewis, Jerhen Ertel
- TE: Jake Roh, Holden Huff, Jake Hardee, Alec Dhaenens
- QB: Ryan Finley, Thomas Stuart, Alex Ogle, Brett Rypien
- RB: Jeremy McNichols, Kelsey Young, Devan Demas, Jack Fields
- DE: Tyler Horn, Sam McCaskill, Rondell McNair
- NT: Armand Nance OR Justin Taimatauia, Robert Ash
- DT: Tutulupeatau Mataele, Elloit Hoyte OR Antoine Turner
- STUD: Kamalei Correa, Gabe Perez, Jabril Frazier
- WLB: Ben Weaver or Tyler Gray, Leighton Vander Esch
- MLB: Tanner Vallejo, Joe Martarano, Darren Lee
- N: Chanceller James, Mercy Maston
- CB: Donte Deayon, Tyler Horton
- S: Dylan Sumner-Gardner, Kameron MIles
- S: Darian Thompson, Cameron Hartsfield
- CB: Jonathon Moxey, Raymond Ford
- K: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- HOLD: Sean Wale
- SNAP: Kevin Keane, Matt Cota
- P: Sean Wale
- KO: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- KR: Jeremy McNichols, Kelsey Young
- PR: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Donte Deayon
Notes and Wild speculation
- There were four players that were declared "out" last week. Averill, Rick Smith, DJ Dean, and Ford. Three out of four of those players are still second on the chart for their respective positions. Perez did not play last week, and it looks as though he is questionable this week.
- Deuce, Smith, and Dean did not see time due to medical reasons. Hopefully all will be healthy enough to contribute.
- Ford and Averill were suspended. Hope to see those issues worked out and get more depth, especially at CB where that could have been a problem for the Washington game.
- Perez's time out is not explicitly stated. My guess is the coaching staff did not want to unleash too much awesome in one game. Or neckrolls. Probably the neckrolls thing.
- Continuing his attempt at all-everything, McNichols is going to be returning kickoffs again. He managed to get 21 yards on Friday.
- Still a lot of "OR" designations in the backup QB slot. However Stuart took the snaps with the twos at warmups, then Rypien.
- It is good to see Vander Esch and Darren Lee getting time and recording tackles. Hopefully first-game Hammer bearer, Lee, can up those totals.
Seeing as how there is, literally, no change in the depth-chart from last week, we have to wait till game time to see who has to sit, and who actually gets on the field. What do you think? Is this depth-chart what we actually see this Saturday? Any game day scratches that would not really surprise you? Is it a shocker that someone at the Boise State football offices forgot to add me to the roster?