Week four. Can only imagine this weeks depth chart is just your standard, ho-hum, normal depth chart, huh? While these things are mostly worth the paper they're printed on (we got ours via e-mail!!) there are always things to be massively misinterpreted, twisted, and hilariously over-analyzed. Welp, here we go!
- X receiver: Thomas Sperbeck, D.J. Dean, Austin Cottrell
- H receiver: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Terrell Johnson, Akilian Butler
- Z receiver: Chaz Anderson, A.J. Richardson
- LT: Rees Odhiambo, Troy Bacon
- LG: Travis Averill, Andrew Tercek
- C: Marcus Henry, Mason Hampton
- RG: Steven Baggett, Kellen Buhr, Tennessee Su'esu'e
- RT: Mario Yakoo, Archie Lewis, Jerhen Ertel
- TE: Jake Roh, Holden Huff, Jake Hardee, Alec Dhaenens
- QB: Brett Rypien OR Thomas Stuart, Alex Ogle
- RB: Jeremy McNichols, Kelsey Young, Devan Demas, Jack Fields
- DE: Tyler Horn, Sam McCaskill, Rondell McNair
- NT: Armand Nance, Robert Ash
- DT: Justin Taimatuia, Tutulupeatu Mataele, Elloit Hoyte
- STUD: Kamalei Correa, Jabril Frazier, Durrant Miles
- WLB: Ben Weaver OR Tyler Gray, Leighton Vander Esch
- MLB: Tanner Vallejo, Joe Martarano, Darren Lee
- N: Chanceller James, Mercy Maston
- CB: Donte Deayon, Tyler Horton
- S: Dylan Sumner-Gardner, Kameron MIles
- S: Darian Thompson, Cameron Hartsfield
- CB: Jonathon Moxey, Raymond Ford
- K: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- HOLD: Sean Wale
- SNAP: Kevin Keane, Matt Cota
- P: Sean Wale
- KO: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- KR: Jeremy McNichols, Kelsey Young
- PR: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Donte Deayon
Notes and Wild Speculation
- Averill has the start at left guard. Mostly because Yakoo is at right tackle now. Lewis struggled with false starts during the BYU game, so the coaches may have thought a shift necessary.
- The one thing you have to love with the Boise State coaches is the versatility on the line. Getting these guys vital game time so that having to do these switches do not bring the productivity down.
- Not for nothing, the pass protection certainly felt different when other quarterbacks were in the game. Maybe it was the opponent, maybe the shift in the line grouping, or it could have been the respective quarterbacks. Any of these things could be plausible.
- Quarterback: Nope. Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Go get a nice Garlic Bagel with a bacon scallion cream cheese spread (my favorite by the way, just putting that out there) and relax. Ha. Just kidding. There is LITERALLY SO MUCH TO SEE HERE!!!! Like: who is the starter? Does the order of the literal depth chart mean anything (Rypien is above Stuart for the first time)? What will the splits look like if, indeed, Stuart and Rypien play? Is the coaching staff just going to throw a massive curveball and just have Ogle start? If only we knew all these answers! (Would probably, technically, be a bad thing considering anyone can read this, perhaps even the kind folks at Virginia. Good thing we don't know anything. Right? RIGHT?!)
- Two more absences from the line: Perez going to take his redshirt. I hope that whatever ailments he has he bounces back quickly and is able to be ready for next year. Having him another year, when Correa leaves (after his SENIOR year of course) will be nothing but awesome. And neckrolls. Hoping the awesome thing, but whatever.
- Antoine Turner still MIA. Which is concerning considering how awesome the NCAA is always reputed to be in these "eligibility" issues. So without know what the problem is, hopefully Turner ends up making an appearance we get to see him wreck stuff.
- Which most likely means we will see more Yes, Glasses (Jabril) and Durrant Miles. Hopefully both of these guys will be able to fill in these roles nicely.
- No changes in the secondary. But the group is more than welcome to keep the streak of INTs going. Three games so far.
Lots of stuff going on heading to the Virginia game. Who will start at QB? How many sacks will Correa have to compensate for the loss of Perez? Will we see Turner at all for the rest of the season? Who is going to get the next INT for the Boise State secondary? Who is going to get me a bagel? I'm hungry. Important questions, all (especially that last one).