Ah boy. What do we have coming up next? Another triple option team? Yaaaaayyyyyyy
- X receiver: Thomas Sperbeck, D.J. Dean, Austin Cottrell
- H receiver: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Terrell Johnson
- Z receiver: Chaz Anderson, A.J. Richardson
- LT: Archie Lewis, Andres Preciado
- LG: Travis Averill, Andrew Tercek
- C: Marcus Henry, Mason Hampton
- RG: Steven Baggett, Kellen Buhr, Tennessee Su'esu'e
- RT: Mario Yakoo, Jerhen Ertel
- TE: Jake Roh, Holden Huff, Jake Hardee, Alec Dhaenens
- QB: Brett Rypien, Thomas Stuart, Alex Ogle
- RB: Jeremy McNichols, Kelsey Young, Devan Demas, Jack Fields
- DE: Tyler Horn, Sam McCaskill, Rondell McNair
- NT: Armand Nance, Robert Ash
- DT: Justin Taimatuia, Tutulupeatu Mataele, Elloit Hoyte
- STUD: Kamalei Correa, Jabril Frazier, Durrant Miles
- WLB: Ben Weaver OR Tyler Gray, Leighton Vander Esch
- MLB: Tanner Vallejo, Joe Martarano, Darren Lee
- N: Chanceller James, Mercy Maston
- CB: Raymond Ford OR Tyler Horton
- S: Kameron Miles, Skyler Seibold
- S: Darian Thompson, Cameron Hartsfield
- CB: Jonathon Moxey, Raymond Ford
- K: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- HOLD: Sean Wale
- SNAP: Kevin Keane, Matt Cota
- P: Sean Wale
- KO: Tyler Rausa, Blake Gonzalez
- KR: Terrell Johnson, Kelsey Young
- PR: Shane Williams-Rhodes, Donte Deayon
Notes and Wild Speculation
- Akilian Butler is out with an injury for the rest of the year. The injuries are piling up so much it's disappointing. Hopefully he heals quick and is able to get started for next year.
- SWR left last weeks game with an ankle injury and Harsin said he's not sure if SWR will be back. He is still listed as the starter, but we shall see. Him leaving last week was a major blow insofar as reliability and the leadership. I hope he is coming back against AFA, or at least San Jose State.
- Chaz Anderson still in the starting spot.
- No changes on the offensive line. Last week Rypien was under pressure constantly from a New Mexico team that was selling out. It is a little late in the season to "get it together" so hopefully the coaching staff puts together a game plan that helps Rypien get rid of the ball quickly.
- Tight Ends. One particular name has not been on the the four-deep at all this season. And I have a suspicion that his name will never. I base that solely on available public data with no insider knowledge. Though I hope the situation gets resolved in a matter befitting a highly respectable program.
- Finley still out and rehabbing his ankle.
- RYPIEN WAS AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE!!!
- Hopefully the game plan includes getting McNichols going. But with the offensive line the way it is. Well. Him getting in stride and a rhythm will be important.
- McNair is back. I did not have him on last week's chart, but could have been because I forgot to add him. Good to see SOMEONE come back from an injury.
- The defensive line played really well. Nine tackles for losses and a sack. I predicted the rush defense allowing a hundred yard rusher, and I was right, but take away one 74 yard rushing touchdown (that was suspect at best) then who knows how the flow of the game could have gone. My guess for this week? A hundred yard rusher happens again, but hopefully not as severe.
- Leighton Vander Esch. Just let him run the ball. He averaged ten yards a carry, nothing to see here!!
- Weaver had an interception. Can he play wide receiver too?
- Horton got the nod last week. I say he gets it again.
- Otherwise no other changes in the secondary. DSG still out.
- Terrell Johnson in for McNichols in the kick return. Stop bringing out the ball guys. Costing four to five extra yards.
- Butler was returning punts when SWR got hurt. Not sure who would be doing it if SWR, Deayon, AND Butler are all out. I would not want to.
What personnel changes, if any, would you like to see? Any particular matchups you are interested in? Some matchups not so much? Let me know.