We definitely need this bye week. The offense was absurd. Over 700 yards of offense..freals? The defense struggled, allowing over 400 yards, but most of that through the air. That is a reflection of the amount of players in the secondary we are missing.
THINGS WE LEARNED
- Ball security is still a big issue. A scoop-n-score by UNLV early in the 2nd quarter is evidence of this. McNichols was the butterfingers this time, which is uncharacteristic for him. Broncos need to shake that soon. Hopefully the bye week will help get us back on track. 9 straight weeks of football can be trying.
- A bye week could not come at a better time. Well it could have come sooner in the season, but we are in much need of a bye. Injuries, fundamentals, and just a general settling of nerves will be therapeutic for the Broncos.
- We have a deep team. We definitely could have played better, but considering how many guys we are missing, we're doing well.
- Darian Thompson is awesome. Breaks the Mountain West career INT record with 19. More to come, methinks...
- McNichols and Rypien are going to destroy things. Both are under classmen, both are way too good.
First Quarter Recap
Second Quarter Recap
FIRST HALF RECAP Boise State 24 - 17 UNLV
Third Quarter Recap
Fourth Quarter Recap
Second Half Recap BSU 55 - 27 UNLV
- Brett Rypien 35-52 for 469 yards 2 TD and 0 INT 155.8 rating
- Blake Decker 29-50 for 357 yards 0 TD and 2 INT 110 rating
BOISE STATE DRIVE RECAP
UNLV DRIVE RECAP
And now, we heal. We heal and watch A LOT of tape. Yes, we could have played better, specifically on defense, but this bye week...man. Broncos get a break next week and then the triple option from New Mexico at home on the 14th. Let's hope we learned from last year lol. GO BRONCOS!!!
Stats from statsbroadcast.com