The Boise State Special Special Teams, where we aren't really sure what's going to happen on any given play. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years, you're aware of the issues Boise State has had with special teams play. In particular, its two haunting memories that plague the backs of our minds any time a field goal kicker comes out for an attempt.
Will 2012 be any different, or will the heart of Bronco Nation be broken again? Take a peak after the jump and find out for yourself!
(And so begins the tradition of position previews. We love traditions at OBNUG. Other traditions may include, but are not limited to: Dairy Queen Blizzards, hating anything Vandal, and Spell Check.)
This is the last installment in our position previews posts. Next up: Michigan State!
|14||Harman, Trevor||P||6-3||216||RJr.||Beaverton, Ore. (Southridge HS)|
|28||Wale, Sean||P||6-1||171||Fr.||La Habra, Calif. (La Habra HS)|
|84||Frisina, Michael||PK||5-5||162||Sr.||Brea, Calif. (Saddleback JC) (Brea Olinda HS)|
|41||Goodale, Dan||PK||5-10||191||RSo.||Boise, Idaho (Timberline HS)|
|18||Van Ginkel, Jake||PK||6-0||186||RFr.||Upland, Calif. (Upland HS)|
|50||Holsteen, Jake||LS||6-4||216||Jr.||Mediapolis, Iowa (Ellsworth JC) (Mediapolis HS)|
|52||Keane, Kevin||LS||6-0||208||So.||Moorpark, Calif. (Ohio Wesleyan) (Moorpark HS)|
|44||Roberson, Chris||LS||6-0||228||Sr.||Katy, Texas (Katy HS)|
- Favorite Quote: "Did you touch my drums?" -Step Brothers
- Favorite Song: "Tubthumper." -Chumbawumba
- Favorite Movie: Beverly Hills Chihuahua. "Man those little dogs are so flippin cute." -Michael Frisina
- Favorite Quote: "Duck!", "What?", "Thunk." -The Swan Princess
- Favorite Song: "I'm sexy and I know it." -LMFAO
- Favorite Movie: The Swan Princess. "Now that's a real man's love story." -Trevor Harman
- Favorite Quote: "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or, learn from it." -Rafiki (The Lion King)
- Favorite Song: "All I ask of you." -The Phantom of the Opera
- Favorite Movie: The Phantom of the Opera. "Never gets old. You melt my heart, Gerard Butler." -Shane Williams-Rhodes
The kicking game "appears" to be much better in 2012. I say appears in quotes because kicking in the fall scrimmage with minimal amounts of pressure is much easier than kicking in front of 80,000 Michigan State Spartans. I'm
happy, err, ecstatic with the evident progress that has been made. Kicking has been a sore spot in Bronco fan's hearts for a few years now, and its due time that those fears are put to rest. Whether that man is Frisina, Goodale, Van Ginkel, or Wale, I am confident that Coach Pete has put them through the gauntlet to ensure a Nevada/TCU repeat never happens again.
Who do you think will win the starting job? Is Van Ginkel done? Will SWR play as a true freshman and be returning kicks for the Broncos? Sound off in the comments!