Information about the ins and outs of Boise State spring football practice has been tight, rendering any predictions of a Bronco two-deep depth chart as highly speculative at best and miles off at worst. I'll let you decide where my depth chart falls on that scale.
After the jump, I make an attempt to name a starter and a backup at each position, including the quarterback spot, about which I know nothing. It will be fun, like taking an SAT study course from a method actor who played a professor on a soap once.
Feel free to agree, disagree in the comments.
Note: The Boise State spring game is this Saturday, April 14, at 5:00 p.m. Read all about it here at OBNUG or spend the $7.00 and watch for yourself live and in person.
Bold = likely starter
* = out for spring
|Joe Southwick||D.J. Harper||Dan Paul|
|Nick Patti||Drew Wright||Chandler Koch|
|Mitch Burroughs||Matt Miller||Kirby Moore||Gabe Linehan|
|Dallas Burroughs||Geraldo Boldewijn||Chris Potter||Chandler Koch|
|Faraji Wright||Joe Kellogg*||
||Jake Broyles*||Charles Leno|
|Chris Tozer||Spencer Gerke||Matt Paradis||Brenel Myers||Rees Odhiambo|
|Demarcus Lawrence||Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe||Mike Atkinson||Samuel Ukwuachu|
|Darren Koontz||Greg Grimes||Justin Jungblut||Tyler Horn|
|Tommy Smith OR||J.C. Percy|
||Jeremy Ioane||Lee Hightower||
|Ebo Makinde||Jonathan Brown||Taylor Loffler||Hazen Moss||Bryan Douglas|
|Michael Frisina||Trevor Harman||Joe Southwick||Trevor Harman||Chris Roberson|
|Dan Goodale||Dan Goodale|
|Mitch Burroughs||Mitch Burroughs|
|Dallas Burroughs||Chris Potter|
- If Nick Patti is indeed Boise State's second-best quarterback, is it worth burning his redshirt for spot duty of an injured or ineffective Joe Southwick?
- I took Jay Ajayi off the depth chart with great trepidation. Tell me he's going to go the way of Malcolm Johnson. Please, guys?
- Do you believe the Kirby Moore hype this spring? A small part of me thinks Chris Potter will find a way into the starting lineup, but that small part of me does not blog.
- That's a pretty good-looking offensive line, when healthy. Agree?
- When not healthy, does the depth at offensive tackle give anyone else the heebie jeebies?
- Samuel Ukwuachu: Starter. I'll probably need more convincing, but it sounds good for now.
- As an ode to depth charts of yore, I went with the popular OR designation at linebacker. Kyle Gingg-Dallas Dobbs shout out!
- I have no idea how the nickel battle is going, but I hear more about Corey Bell than anyone else.
- Sure felt good to put Jeremy Ioane's name in a starting lineup.
What do you think I got right and what do you think I got wrong? Share your thoughts in the comments.