For your day planners and social calendars ...
- When to watch: Saturday, December 22, 1:30 p.m. MT kickoff
- Where to watch: Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas, Nev. (Capacity: 36,800)
- How to watch: Live on ESPN with Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, and Tom Rinaldi
- What to wager: Boise State by 5 points
- What to wear: Forecast calls for a high of 55 degrees, 10 percent chance of rain.
Drama-filled storylines in Saturday's game
"Prematch" is the word I made up just now to describe a rematch that happens before the original game is played. Make sense? Probably not, and neither really does making two teams play each other back to back. The Broncos and Huskies will end this season playing each other and begin next season playing each other. Prematch.
Or is it a rematch of the 2007 game at Husky Stadium?
Justin Wilcox knows everything about the Broncos!
Boise State's former defensive coordinator now gets a chance to scheme up his old team and face the old, vaunted Boise State offense. But joke's on him! This offense isn't the same one he's used to seeing. (It's worse.)
The Broncos have a chance to win 11 games in 2012. Not bad for a rebuilding/reloading year.
The Vegas Bowl loves the Broncos!
Boise State has won two Vegas Bowls in two years against Pac-12 or future-Pac-12 teams. Can they make it three in a row? That's how I'm wagering a lot of my money.