For your day planners and social calendars ...
- When to watch: Saturday, November 10, 5:00 p.m. MT kickoff
- Where to watch: Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, Hi. (Capacity: 50,000)
- How to watch: Live on CBS Sports Network with James Bates, Aaron Taylor, and Lauren Gardner
- What to wager: Boise State by 29 points
- What to wear: An orange flower print t-shirt. Forecast calls for highs of 82 degrees, no rain, some wind.
Drama-filled storylines in Saturday's game
This week's game will offer an opportunity for Boise State to get back in the win column, following last week's loss to San Diego State. Or I could be wrong and the Broncos may be planning a three-game tank job in order to avoid a third Vegas Bowl in three years.
Most ways you measure it, the Warriors have been the Mountain West's worst team this season and Boise State had been the conference's best (recent history makes this sound dumber than it really is). That recipe could spell disaster on Saturday - just the kind of disaster that Hawaii has been used to this year.
The Boise State - Hawaii rivalry goes back to WAC days and goes forward nowhere as this may be one of the last times the football teams meet. Island travel has been hit-or-miss for the Broncos over the years, but will probably be a hit this weekend.
If exercising your rights is something you're fond of, then I encourage you to get out and vote today for your president, your councilpersons, your propositions, and etc. We are afforded a lot of opportunities in this country, and few are greater than the opportunity to make informed or uninformed decisions on who's in charge.
Vote or die or pizza.