Update 5/12: Patti commits to Boise State.
When the Broncos lost out to BYU on the Tanner Mangum sweepstakes last month (not enough honor code, apparently), Bronco Nation waited patiently to find out who the next quarterback of the future was going to be. Well, update your BSU quarterback tattoo. Boise State has its sights set on Nick Patti from Dr. Phillips HS in Orlando.
Patti has not committed to the Broncos just yet, but the Broncos have committed to Patti. Coach Pete promised the senior-to-be that Boise State wouldn't offer any other quarterbacks without first checking with Patti. I did prom the same way, so I know the Broncos mean business.
Continue reading for some quick facts and more highlight about Patti, and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
HT to Bronco05 for FanShotting the initial story.
About Nick Patti
- Patti is 5'11", 195 pounds and listed as a pro-style quarterback, more in the mold of Joe Southwick than Taylor Tharp, at least according to his highlights
- Patti has offers from Central Florida, South Florida, Louisiana Tech, and Indiana
- None of the three major recruiting services (Scout, Rivals, and ESPN) have rankings yet for Patti
- Patti led Dr. Phillips to a 14-1 record last season (losing in the state championship) and has been tearing up the NIKE QB circuit in Florida
- The Idaho Statesman, usually the last to report on anything recruiting related, picked up this story yesterday.
- Patti will make his decision before school starts in August.