Looking at the Boise State roster from a year-to-year perspective is both intriguing and terrifying. It's intriguing because it is fun to see where the Broncos' new recruits will fit in and how soon they'll play. It's terrifying because GOOD HEAVENS BOISE STATE GRADUATES 27 PLAYERS NEXT YEAR.
Continue reading for the full Bronco football roster broken down by class and eligibility, and share your thoughts on what you see.
Fun fact (or not): Boise State graduates 27 players after the 2011 season, 24 after 2012, and 22 after 2013. Ah, remember the good old days of only graduating five?
And now your Boise State roster, broken down by class and eligibility, with a hat tip to Scout.com for checking my work.
|D.J. Harper 1
|Jake Van Ginkel
* = has not used redshirt season
Footnotes: (1) Harper is expected to receive a sixth year of eligibility after his second straight season-ending knee injury. Last year was supposed to be Harper's junior season.
- In my opinion, Boise State has just completed Year One of a two year roster overhaul. When you think about all the names that left as seniors this season and then look at all the names that will leave after 2011, we are looking at an entirely different team from the one we just saw win the Vegas Bowl to the one who will open the 2012 season at Michigan State. Who's left? Jamar Taylor and Joe Kellogg, pretty much.
- Malcolm Johnson's academic issues have left the Broncos very thin at running back after the 2012 season. Nothing Jay Ajayi can't remedy, but still.
- There are some other pretty big holes after 2012 at safety and defensive end. Nothing Jeremy Ioane and Robert Ash can't fill, though.
- Remember how there were no offensive linemen in Boise State's recruiting class last year? Well, you don't really realize that until you split the roster out by class. Thankfully, the Broncos have lots of depth and experience along the O-line.
What did you notice about the Boise State roster? Any positions have you anxious in the coming years? See some opportunities for incoming recruits to make an immediate impact? Share your thoughts in the comments.