When EA Sports' NCAA Football 2010 hits stores on July 14, there will be no Bronco on the cover. My Vinny Perretta write-in campaign failed miserably. There will be a massive CGI overhaul of Bronco Stadium. R.I.P, Corey Barton Touchdown House. And there could very well be a feature like this:
In addition to Dynasty, there is now an "Alternate Reality" mode where the season ends in a playoff that still doesn’t include Utah or Boise State.
Would anyone be surprised?
This fake feature is one of several semi-believable NCAA 2010 features that Third Saturday in Blogtober came up with for the upcoming video game release. And their list, with a large SEC/ACC tilt, got me thinking about what a WAC-specific feature list might look like.
(Speaking of a WAC-specific NCAA 2010 video game, what would the market be like for one of those? Chase Holbrook? Karl Benson's grandchildren? I imagine that it would be terribly cost-prohibitive, kind of like the Independence Bowl.)
So without further ado, here are 10 features that could work for NCAA Football 2010: The WAC. If I left any out, let me know in the comments.
- The Vandals not having the state of Idaho on their recruiting map.
- The option to have the Boise State head coach provide a press release every offseason to dispel Internet rumors that he's taking the Mississippi State job.
- The Konami Code resuscitates the San Jose State head coach whenever he has "a moment."
- Unlockable all-time WAC team, which is basically just the 2006 Broncos with Colt Brennan as a backup quarterback.
- In offseason mode, five-star recruits openly laugh in the face of the New Mexico State coaching staff.
- A "Preseason" mode, where a conference champion is crowned before the team ever takes the field.
- Fresno State always has a Carr brother to recruit.
- The mercy rule for when you're behind 70-0.
- Updated graphics engine that actually shows trash blowing around on Hawaii's home field.
- Robb Akey's mustache as a playable character.