The Broncos split the 2 game week with a win over "rival" Idaho State, and a 3-point loss to San Diego. This puts the Broncos at 5-4 on the season nearing conference play. Continue after the jump for my take on this week and what to look at heading into WAC play.
5 Things Done Well
- Spreading the wealth: good movement and getting down in transition
- Rebounding: Multiple Broncos with 8+ boards
- Using Okoye: Ike had 9 rebounds both games while leading the team in scoring and blocks
- Energy: Not by head coach Greg Graham, but by La'Shard Anderson, earning a tech by sticking up for the team. Finally.
- Using Anderson: La'Shard was second in scoring and led the team emotionally.
5 Things missing
- Senoir Leadership: Yes Ike has been good, but Anthony Thomas has been bad, hurting the squad.
- Go-to guy: Nobody has taken their game above, everyone looks equal in skill
- Energy: Greg Graham looks like he is out of it all game long
- Ability to close: San Diego stopped the Broncos completely late in the game
- Fans: 2,359 is good for BSU b-ball, but 2,500 is nice IMO.
Stat Leaders: Points: Okoye-Anderson
This Week's game: 12/19 Houston Baptist