There is not much movement at the top of the draft poll this week. Florida is the only team that didn't look dominant, while TCU kept pace ahead of Boise State with a dismantling of Utah. Ohio State secured a Rose Bowl berth, but Wisconsin might be playing the best football in the conference right now. Oregon regains a foothold on the PAC-10 title thanks to an Arizona loss.
The final slots of the poll are a coin toss and any number of teams could be considered - except Notre Dame. The PAC-10 has invaded with five ranked teams. Are they the best conference top to bottom? After the jump, see who makes the Top 10, how far USC falls, and if Temple can climb for the third week in a row. Make comments and let your opinion decide the fate of Utah and their place in the final poll.
|Last week's ballot
- TCU gets closer to being included with the "Big Three." Their win over Clemson is looking better and better, but I still say their SOS is not much different than Boise State's. (Tulsa is not helping that argument.)
- Iowa put up a good fight against Ohio State, losing in overtime at the Horseshoe with Ricky Stanzi watching from the sideline on crutches. Now Iowa fans can talk about what could have been if Stanzi was healthy and stop complaining that Chuck Long was robbed of the Heisman in 1985.
- Nebraska sneaks back in the top 25. If they have a chance to be two wins away from a BCS bowl, they should at least be ranked.
- Sadly, Temple falls out to make room for Stanford and Oregon State. If this were a Top 26 poll, they would be in.
- Utah and BYU however would not make it. BYU struggled with a New Mexico team that I have tied with Eastern Michigan as the worst team in the FBS. And Utah has that marquee win over Air Force?! In overtime no less.
- Central Michigan and Rutgers are other 2 loss teams left out of the poll. Rutgers might be the most overrated team in the nation. Their seven (7) wins are against teams that have a combined total of 14 FBS victories.
- Should LSU be even lower? I did not want to penalize them too much for a close win at home, but I am not sure they should be ahead of Iowa or Penn State.
- How far has USC fallen? They could be headed to the Vegas Bowl and play the loser of the BYU vs Utah game.