Wow, Week 9 already. The ups and downs of this season have been incredible; however, even at the high points, it has just felt like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Well it dropped. Now we can all breathe a little easier, at least until people outside the state of Oregon start talking about Oregon jumping Boise State. Then let the gnashing of teeth and beating of chests resume.
Onward to this week and some intriguing match ups. It's been awhile since we've seen a top team fall (or maybe just two weeks). Maybe this week we'll see some more upsets to benefit the Broncos. By the way, has Boise State been the only team to drop out of the top 5 without a loss this season? Elias Sports Bureau?
If this pick 'em thing is all new to you, check out the rules. For you regulars, follow me after the jump for your chance at free Baja Fresh.
This Week's Games
No line on the Hawaii vs Nevada game. Is this because Hawaii is down to their 8th string QB? Are they scouting intramurals yet for backups? Does Hawaii have intramurals or just pick up games on the beach? So many questions...
- Georgia vs #1 Florida (-15)
- #3 Texas (-9) at Oklahoma State
- #5 USC (-3) at #10 Oregon
- UNLV at #6 TCU (-35)
- New Mexico State at #17 Ohio State (-43.5)
- Louisiana Tech at Idaho (-3)
- Utah State at Fresno State (-17)
- San Jose State at #7 Boise State (-35)
Tiebreaker: total points in SJSU-Boise State game
- Georgia - I'm going with the off-week for Georgia and Florida's looking unimpressive against Miss State. Really hope that Mark Richt pulls the whole-team-celebrating-on-the-field stunt again, especially in light of the terrible calls from SEC officials this season.
- Oklahoma State - Going with the home underdog here. I think the Cowboys can keep it close. I'd feel a lot better if Dez Bryant was still eligible.
- USC - I hope Oregon wins, but USC does a pretty good job at winning the games people think will be close. I think Masoli will return to opening day form Saturday.
- UNLV - Letdown game? I hope so. 35 points is an awful lot.
- Ohio State - Dang, 44 points is a lot here, too, but I don't think New Mexico State is going to force Pryor to throw the ball to get those.
- Idaho - If Robb Akey is coaching as well as people say he is, then this will be his biggest test this week. Hopefully he can get the Vandals motivated after last week's drubbing and we all can enjoy more Mark Schlereth radio antics.
- Fresno State - What's going on down there? Is Ryan Mathews still putting up 60 yard runs? Has Pat Hill shaved the fu manchu?
- Boise State - I think they're pissed. Kellen Moore might throw for 6 TDs on 9 attempts with the other 3 being screen plays.
Here's a look at the leaderboard through week 8. Your lowest score has been dropped. You're welcome.
|OBNUG Commenter||Correct Picks|
|Fabian Mechano Marauder Stankowicz||15|
|Bronco Nation Podcast||3|