Boise State eked into the the Bronco blogger Top 26 poll last week, and they blew the sucker up this week. The Broncos jumped from No. 25 to No. 17 courtesy of their defining win over Oregon. Kudos to Drew from Fight Fight BSU for having the highest ranking for the Broncos at No. 13. Your honesty and accuracy are admirable.
In other news, the top of the poll is starting to look more and more like the national media's votes. USC is slowly taking its stranglehold on No. 1 (Kevan has yet to give up on LSU, probably because he's stubborn and ignorant), and the top six teams were pretty much the same on everyone's poll. This college football ranking thing is easier than we thought.
- USC (10)
- Georgia (2)
- LSU (1)
- Penn State
- Texas Tech
- South Florida
- Wake Forest
- Boise State
- Ohio State
- East Carolina
Say good-bye to: West Virginia, Florida State,
Also receiving votes: Fresno State, Colorado, Oklahoma State, UCONN, Tulsa, Ball State
Zach Wolken from KTVB and KTVB's Men in Black knockoff Friday Night Flights commercials has the honors of defending his picks this week. If he and Dave Southorn have anything to say about it, Colorado will be in the Top Ten in no time.
10. Texas Tech
11. Penn State
13. South Florida
15. Wake Forest
16. Ohio State
19. Boise State
23. East Carolina
24. Fresno State
- LSU at No. 4 over Florida because the Tigers are the defending National Champs and Florida hasn’t shown me they are any better.
- Wisconsin at No. 7 because I love the Badgers, and I am not a Texas fan.
- BYU at No. 12 because they are really good, but I don’t think they are good enough to be in the top 11.
- I dropped Ohio State because I believe they are the most overrated program in the nation. Plus they don’t have a quarterback.
- I’ve got Boise State at No. 19 because I think they are better than all the teams behind them.
- I have Colorado in at No. 25 for two reasons: 1) being they are my alma-mater, and 2) they beat No. 21 West Virginia and held them to only 14 points.