Boise State football is back. High five!
The Broncos take the field for the start of fall camp on Monday, and not a moment too soon. The offseason has been a difficult one, considering the way that last season ended for BSU. Two losses in a row is quite a different pill to swallow than a Fiesta Bowl win. But we swallowed it nevertheless, washing down the sucker with a tasty brew of early commits and media love. Mmmm, media love.
Now we can start over-evaluating players again. Woohoo! Here are the newcomers who will be in camp on Monday, listed in order of how stoked we are to see them.
- LB Daron Mackey. Juco transfers are our weakness.
- LB Byron Hout. The Hout era begins in earnest.
- OT Tom Swanson. The biggest incoming lineman. Might eat Chris Potter.
- WR Chris Potter. Fast, which should prevent Tom Swanson from eating him.
- S Tyler Jackson. Young safeties out the wazzoo.
- Who will be starting quarterback?
- Will the offensive linemen be any bigger or any more experienced?
- What's the deal with that "Q" formation?
- Will playing in the shade of the Mothership make the Broncos complacent?
- Can Bob Behler pick Tanyon Bissell out of a crowd?
- Is Ryan Winterswyk human?
- How soon can we talk about Doug Martin again?
- Ian Johnson: overrated or not rated enough?
- Will bloggers receive press credentials?
But for now, football is back. Life is complete. And the world is right again.