With the apparent ousting of Paul J. Schneider as voice of the Broncos, Boise State fans will have to get used to a new announcing team this season. Peak Broadcasting, the new owner of the radio rights to Bronco football, has yet to decide on who the play-by-play team will be for the 2008 broadcasts, so we feel an obligation to steer them in the right direction. Here is a short list of potential candidates:
- David Augusto and David Augusto. With sideline reporting from David Augusto.
- Caves and Prater. No, thank you.
- Wayne Dzubak and Father Time. We figure they hang out a lot together.
- Larry Gebert and Scott Dorval. Everyone loves a good weather metaphor.
- Dave Tester and Claudia Weathermon. Let's hope they don't fight over air time.
- A Magic 93.1 DJ and random callers. Bronco games would be played over a backdrop of Rhianna music.
- The Power Ball and the Verizon Wireless phone. Perhaps a three-man booth with the Carl's Jr. star?
- Brian Murphy and a hungry lion. This partnership might not last long.
- OBNUG. We would definitely make the broadcasts entertaining.