Boise State returns to the field today for the first time in 2008 as spring practice gets underway. The Broncos will have 15 practices over the next month (taking a week off for spring break), and there will be three scrimmages planned that are open to the public. Here are the scrimmage dates:
- March 21 (3:30 Bronco Stadium)
- April 4 (3:30 TBA)
- April 11 (6:00 Bronco Stadium)
The Statesman ran a good spring ball primer on Sunday, but no Boise State news would be complete without OBNUG's opinion. Thusly, our highlights of the feature:
- "Practicing the no-huddle." Can we hope to see this during the regular season?
- "Great teams are built in practice." This just in: Utah State cancels spring practice.
- "Veterans Austin Pettis and Titus Young." Are we sure "veterans" is the right word?
- "A physical defense." We will gladly accept that.
- "Garcia Day to cornerback." Inevitable.
- "Thomas Byrd as starting center." Fine by us.