For weights and measures and classes, view the full depth chart pdf. For speculation and analysis, scroll on down.
- Predicted running back appearance order: Ajayi, Fields, Demas, Thomas
- Boise State is so cryptic with injury information that nobody truly knows who will or will not be playing.
- Tanner Vallejo is listed as the starter at MLB while Blake Renaud recovers from injury.
- SWR and Kirby Moore are still listed with an 'OR' but that has been the case since Moore went down with a foot injury. Expect SWR to get just as many bubble screens as last week.
- Devan Demas has been added to the depth chart after a team-leading 73 rushing yards last week against Wyoming. Did the performance surprise me? No, not really... Demas is really talented. Do I think the performance really changes the running back rotation? No, not really. Remember when Matt Kaiserman had 122 yards against Hawaii in 2009 only to rush for 28 yards in the next three games combined? The point is. Boise State will ride a hot player but only within a game. That trend rarely lasts more than a single game if the original player is truly better, which is the case here with Ajayi and Demas. The performance does give me hope that Demas will be around Boise State for the rest of his career. I was afraid that he could be a casualty of running back depth and would seek a transfer. I've never heard of that happening, but it is plausible he could have looked elsewhere to finish his career. Although, does that performance only increase the chances of him leaving now that he knows he is capable of competing on a high level?
What do you think of the depth chart? What are your thoughts on the Demas situation?