BOISE, ID - SEPTEMBER 24: Cedric Febis #16, Jamar Taylor #5 and Ebenezer Makinde #37 of the Boise State Broncos celebrate Febis' interception against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Bronco Stadium on September 24, 2011 in Boise, Idaho. (Photo by Otto Kitsinger III/Getty Images)
- The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.
- The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.
- An instance of making such a discovery.
(And so begins the tradition of position previews. We love traditions at OBNUG. Other traditions may include, but are not limited to: Dairy Queen Blizzards, hating anything Vandal, and Spell Check. Next Up: The Special Special Teams.)
|15||Anderson, Chaz||CB||5-10||175||Fr.||Los Angeles (Loyola HS)|
|19||Borgman, Josh||CB||5-7||174||RSr.||Boise, Idaho (Centennial HS)|
|18||Corta, Trey||CB||5-10||182||Fr.||Homedale, Idaho (Homedale HS)|
|30||Deayon, Donte||CB||5-9||143||Fr.||Rialto, Calif. (Summit HS)|
|1||Douglas, Bryan||CB||5-9||166||RSo.||Los Angeles (Narbonne HS)|
|16||Florence, Deon'tae||CB||5-9||168||RSo.||Largo, Fla. (College of the Desert) (Armwood HS)|
|4||Gavins, Jerrell||CB||5-9||169||RSr.||Miami, Fla. (El Camino JC) (South Miami HS)|
|37||Makinde, Ebenezer||CB||5-10||181||RJr.||Phoenix, Ariz. (Paradise Valley HS)|
|5||Taylor, Jamar||CB||5-11||196||RSr.||San Diego, Calif. (Helix HS)|
|23||Agbaroji, Eric||DB||6-1||203||RFr.||Midlothian, Texas (Midlothian HS)|
|29||Hightower, Lee||DB||6-2||192||So.||Inglewood, Calif. (Loyola HS)|
|24||Moss, Hazen||DB||6-0||201||RSr.||Rifle, Colo. (Rifle HS)|
|35||Thompson, Darian||DB||6-1||197||RFr.||Lancaster, Calif. (Paraclete HS)|
|10||Ioane, Jeremy||S||5-10||197||RSo.||Honolulu, Hawaii (Punahou School)|
|22||James, Chanceller||S||6-1||194||Fr.||Spring Valley, Calif. (Steele Canyon HS)|
|34||Loffler, Taylor||S||6-3||211||RFr.||Kelowna, B.C., Canada (Kelowna Secondary School)|
|28||Lukehart, Dillon||S||6-0||199||RFr.||Eagle, Idaho (Eagle HS)|
- Favorite Quote: "I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly." -Spongebob Squarepant
- Favorite Song: "Breakfast at Tiffany's" -Deep Blue Something
- Favorite Movie: Finding Nemo. "I never wanted to be a fish so bad in my life." -Jerrell Gavins
- Favorite Quote: "Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident." -Brick Tamland (Anchorman)
- Favorite Song: "Everybody Dance Now." -C&C Music Factory
- Favorite Movie: Fly Away Home. "Man those geese are some cute little things." -Jamar Taylor
- Favorite Quote: "E=Mc2." -Einstein
- Favorite Song: "Bethoven's 5th Symphony."
- Favorite Movie: The Social Network. "That could have been me." -Lee Hightower
This may be the most impressive unit of guys on the entire team. The speed, agility, athleticism, smarts, talent, and desire to win is immeasurable among these kids. As long as they can stay relatively healthy, without having to dig too deep into the depth chart, I believe our success will live and die by the hands of these young players. We have great players all over the team, but our defense is going to be among the best in the country this year. Mark my words. And if they aren't, I will delete this post before anyone can ever say I was wrong. So there.
Who do you think will be the star of the defense this year? Do you see any upsets at starting positions? Will Jeremy Ioane finally live up to his hype? Sound off in the comments!
Who will be the star of the Cornerbacks and Safeties this season?
Lee Hightower (85 votes)
Jamar Taylor (43 votes)
Jerrell Gavins (80 votes)
Ebo Makinde (0 votes)
Bryan Douglas (10 votes)
Jeremy Ioane (9 votes)
Josh Borgman (1 vote)
Hazen Moss (7 votes)
235 total votes