Okay, this one's off topic, but I'm sitting here watching the Olympics while reading through Obnug on my iPad, and I keep noticing strange things about the Olympics. You could say it's a perfect storm for off-topic nonsense. To make it fun, please use one of the following voices for your internal monologue: Jerry Seinfeld. Homer Simpson. Mr. T, or David Spade. Don't read out loud though. People hate that.
Here it goes!
- What's with the scoring system in gymnastics? 16.6 is the max score? Really? Not 10. Not 20. But 16.6! Of course. It all makes so much sennnnsssse.
- With the floor exercises...is it a dance, or gymnastics? What's with all the I'm-about-to-do-a-dance-move-but-never-quite-do gestures?
- Nothing against the Chinese, but c'mon, we can't lose the medal count to China. Let's go America!
- It'd be nice if they broadcast multiple events on different channels so that I could actually choose some events to watch rather than just watch what NBC spoon-feeds me. Were exclusive rights really necessary? I guess anything to make a buck right? Even the Olympics.
- Is it just me, or do world records seem to come as easy as pie (for the Olympians)? At this rate, what are the record books going to look like a hundred years from now?
- I'm sure London is cool and all, but it rains too much. Beach volleyball is way better in the sunshine.
- Why are the men's diving "uniforms" so tiny? And ladies, those kids are like 16 so you should be ashamed of yourselves for having those thoughts I know you're having.
- What's up with these teams getting disqualified for throwing matches? This one isn't funny. It's just sad and stupid.
Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Feel free to add yours in the comments. Or, you can just hijack the comments with your own topic.
Boise State Football rules!
This content was not created by OBNUG and therefore may not meet our standards. On the contrary, it probably exceeds them.