NEW YORK - APRIL 22: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell speaks at the podium on stage during the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall on April 22, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)
A baker's half-dozen of Boise State players are expected to go in the NFL Draft, which begins with first round coverage tonight (6:00 p.m. on ESPN and NFL Network). Where those players will go and when they will go is anyone's guess, and I mean that quite literally because pretty much anyone who is anyone has created a mock draft. People love being wrong on the Internet, what can I say?
I've compiled the mock drafts of people and websites whose NFL knowledge I either respect or acknowledge or both (i.e., Mike Mayock) and have shown where the so-called experts see Boise State players going. Plus, I grabbed the consensus from the OBNUG NFL Draft Pick 'Em game so you can see what the masses think (by the way, it's not too late to make your Pick 'Em picks).
So without further ado, here are smart people overthinking things.
Let's begin with the picks for tonight's first round. Full mock draft answers are available in the table below.
- Mel Kiper - Doug Martin, Lions (23); Shea McClellin, Packers (28)
- Todd McShay - Shea McClellin, Patriots (27)
- Mike Mayock - Doug Martin, Browns (pick No. 22); Shea McClellin, Packers (28)
- Don Banks - Shea McClellin, Packers (28)
- Peter King - None
- Bucky Brooks - None
- Pat Kirwan - Shea McClellin, Patriots (31)
- Pete Prisco - Doug Martin, Browns (22); Shea McClellin, Packers (28)
- Rob Rang - Shea McClellin, Packers (28)
- Dane Brugler - Shea McClellin, Chargers (18)
- Pete Schrager - Shea McClellin, Patriots (27)
- Russ Lande - None
- Evan Silva - Doug Martin, Broncos (25); Shea McClellin, Patriots (27)
- Dan Pompei - Shea McClellin, Patriots (27)
- Wes Bunting - Doug Martin, Bengals (21); Shea McClellin, Packers (28)
- Charley Casserly - Shea McClellin, Patriots (27); Doug Martin, 49ers (30)
- Steve Wyche - Shea McClellin, Packers (28)
- Walter Football - Shea McClellin, Patriots (27)
- Greg Cosell - Doug Martin, New York Giants (32)
- SB Nation - Doug Martin, Browns (22); Shea McClellin, Patriots (27)
And here is the full mocking from the experts.
|Mel Kiper||McClellin (Packers), Martin (Lions)|
|Todd McShay||McClellin (Patriots)||Martin (Rams)||Crawford (49ers)||Iloka (Eagles), Winn (Panthers)||Potter (Eagles)||Moore (Saints)|
|Mike Mayock||McClellin (Packers), Martin (Browns)|
|Don Banks||McClellin (Packers)|
|Pat Kirwan||McClellin (Patriots)||Martin (Broncos), Iloka (Lions)|
|Pete Prisco||McClellin (Packers), Martin (Browns)|
|Rob Rang||McClellin (Packers)||Martin (Bengals), Iloka (Packers)|
|Dane Brugler||McClellin (Chargers)||Martin (Bucs), Iloka (Patriots)|
|Pete Schrager||McClellin (Patriots)||Doug Martin (Rams)||Iloka (Chargers), Potter (Dolphins)||Winn (Saints)||Moore (Seahawks)|
|Russ Lande||McClellin (Jets), Martin (Bucs), Winn (49ers)||Iloka (Patriots)||Moore (Bengals), Crawford (Texans)|
|Evan Silva||McClellin (Patriots), Martin (Broncos)|
|Dan Pompei||McClellin (Patriots)|
|Wes Bunting||McClellin (Packers), Martin (Bengals)||Iloka (Packers)||Crawford (Texans), Winn (Steelers), Potter (Chargers)||Moore (Cowboys)|
|Charley Casserly||McClellin (Patriots), Martin (49ers)|
|Steve Wyche||McClellin (Packers)|
|Walter Football||McClellin (Patriots)||Martin (Bucs)||Winn (Saints)||Iloka (Texans), Crawford (Titans)||Potter (Redskins)||Moore (Falcons), Baker (Packers)|
|Greg Cosell||Martin (Giants)|
|SB Nation||McClellin (Patriots), Martin (Browns)|
Now that you've seen what the experts think, here is what OBNUG readers think, based on the entries in the OBNUG Pick 'Em game.
- Shea McClellin, Packers, Round One
- Doug Martin, Browns, Round Two
- George Iloka, Lions or Broncos (tie), Round Three
- Tyrone Crawford, Lions, Round Three
- Billy Winn, Broncos, Round Three
- Kellen Moore, Saints, Round Six
- Nate Potter, Cardinals, Round Six
Give yourselves a round of applause. That is some expert mocking.
Enjoy the Draft, everyone. I'll post a comment thread later today and some reaction if and when McClellin and Martin go off the board.