Boise State's 2012 schedule is rife with solid opponents and Miami (Ohio), and now that we know the order of who, what, where, and when, we can start overanalyzing the sched and making mountains out of Hawaii-sized molehills. For instance, what is the toughest stretch in the 2012 Boise State schedule?
BYU - @ New Mexico - @ Southern Miss - Fresno State: This stretch hits the Broncos when they least want it to - early. Token new starting quarterback will still be raw and may be someone else other than what BSU started the season with, depending on how things go in East Lansing. Plus, BYU and Southern Miss are no pushovers, Fresno State is now Pat Hill-less, and New Mexico ... has Bob Davie? OK, so New Mexico is more like a bye than anything, but still.
@ Michigan State - BYE: I'll be honest, there aren't a whole lot of tough stretches on the Boise State schedule. It's rather WAC-ish, circa 2008. The Michigan State has a lot going on: it's first up, it's in East Lansing, it's the first game for a new Bronco quarterback, and it's a nationally televised Friday nighter.
@ Hawaii - Colorado State - @ Nevada: These aren't the toughest opponents on the schedule, but a trip to Hawaii and a trip to Reno should never be taken lightly. The home game at Colorado State is dangerous maybe only because it could be a trap game as the Broncos will be raging for revenge in Reno.
Full schedule is after the jump so you can find your own most worrisome stretch. Which one do you think is toughest? Vote in the poll and share your thoughts in the comments.
- Aug. 31 (Friday) - at Michigan St., ESPN
- Sept. 8 - BYE
- Sept. 15 (Saturday) - Miami (Ohio), TBA
- Sept. 22 (Saturday) - BYU, TBA
- Sept. 29 (Saturday) - at New Mexico*, TBA
- Oct. 6 (Saturday) - at Southern Miss, TBA
- Oct. 13 (Saturday) - Fresno St.*, TBA
- Oct. 20 (Saturday) - UNLV*, TBA
- Oct. 27 (Saturday) - at Wyoming*, TBA
- Nov. 3 (Saturday) - San Diego St.*, TBA
- Nov. 10 (Saturday) - at Hawaii*, TBA
- Nov. 17 (Saturday) - Colorado St.*, TBA
- Nov. 24 (Saturday) - at Nevada*, TBA
- Dec. 1 - BYE
*Mountain West game
Note: There is no 13th game as of yet, and according to Tom Scott Slant, there may not be one.