Announcing the Official Unofficial OBNUG Blue & Orange Spring Game TAILGATE
Yes, Nuggies, it’s time to gather once again for football, fellowship, and fun. The occasion will be the annual Blue & Orange Spring Game to be held at Bronco Stadium on April 14, 2012. Here is your chance to evaluate all the quarterback options (including armchair quarterbacks, with which OBNUG is indeed blessed), to argue over our receiver corps, and to crack Vandal jokes in a safe and comfortable environment.
Many of you who were unable to attend the February tailgate expressed a desire to meet and share with your fellow Nuggies. Here is your opportunity!
The Blue & Orange Game details:
- Saturday, April 14, 2012.
- Game starts at 5 p.m.
- Game tickets are available now, and may be purchased: in person (ticketing office, located on the west side of Bronco Stadium on the ground level of the Stueckle Sky Club); online (www.idahotickets.com); or over the phone (208-426-4737). Info: http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9900&ATCLID=3734907
- Tickets are $7/person + ticketing fee of $1 in person, or $1.50 online. Children under 2 get in free.
- General seating, no reserved tickets. Seating areas are east and west lower levels, upper west level.
- Ticket office opens on game day at 2 p.m.
- Stadium gates open at 4 p.m.
- Free parking in stadium parking lot; open at 11:30 a.m.
- Game is estimated to last until 7-7:30 p.m., according to the ticket office.
The OBNUG Tailgate details:
- Location: The Ram Restaurant & Brewery (corner of Broadway Ave. and Park Blvd.)
- Time: 2:30 p.m.
- Wear blue and orange!
- Tailgate "afterglow" back at the Ram is possible for those who want to discuss the game results.
The annual Beat Coach Pete scholarship fundraiser race will commence at 9:30 a.m. on game day. Participate in the race, and your bib number gets you into the Blue & Orange Game that afternoon. Details at http://rec.boisestate.edu/beatpete/
Game seating is open, and it might be fun to walk over to Bronco Stadium and sit together (dibs on the seat next to pjohn, so I can benefit from his learned analysis).
If anyone wants to set up a link to enable out-of-Boise Nuggies to participate in a virtual tailgate, sound off here. Thanks to the efforts of Reflectivity, GreekPadre was able to join us from California at the last OBNUG tailgate in February.
While we don’t need a guarantee, please let us know if you think you’ll be attending the tailgate so that we can inform the Ram. (Tom Munson–we’d especially like to see you, friend. I’d be honored to buy you a beer.)
GO BRONCOS! We’ll be cheering for you to win the game!