The Boise State Broncos held their Pro Day today, featuring future NFL Draft picks and future NFL Draft hopefuls and watched by the dubious, hard-hearted eyes of NFL scouts and coaches. Ah, but how easily Kellen Moore turns frowns upside down with his miracle quarterbacking.
Scouts very impressed with Kellen Moore today, even the guys who don't like him as a prospect. Shoemaker, Crawford, Winn boosted stock, too— Bronco Beat (@IDS_BroncoBeat) March 22, 2012
Scout said Kellen Moore's workout was better than any other West QB to date (not counting Luck). Better than higher-rated Foles, Lindley— Bronco Beat (@IDS_BroncoBeat) March 22, 2012
Moore went 52-of-53 in his passing drills with the lone incompletion probably coming on a throwaway to avoid a sack. Scouts were colored impressed. Here are the rest of the highlights of Boise State's Pro Day, courtesy of the Twitters:
- Representatives from 28 teams were in attendance, including Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis and offensive coordinator Jay Gruden. Other teams of note included the Patriots, Jets, Cardinals, Rams, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Bills, Chiefs, Colts, Eagles, 49ers, Jaguars, and new Peyton Manning squeeze the Denver Broncos.
- Former Broncos Austin Pettis, Brandyn Thompson, and Ellis Powers were spotted.
- Billy Winn ran a 4.85 40-yard dash, which was his best time ever. He ran a 5.0-flat at the Combine.
- Tyler Shoemaker ran a 4.4 40.
- Tyrone Crawford ran a 4.8 40.
- Shoemaker may have played himself into a late round pick as opposed to the street free agent he was before today.
- Winn's overall performance was leaps and bounds better than his Senior Bowl practice time. He is on Mel Kiper's good side again.
- More than half a dozen teams plan on working out Doug Martin and Shea McClellin individually. The other 25 teams are dumb.
Do you think Moore's Pro Day performance will affect his draft stock? What do you think about Tyler Shoemaker's chances of getting drafted? Share your thoughts in the comments.