For weights and measures and classes, view the full depth chart pdf. For speculation and analysis, scroll on down.
- QB: Joe Southwick, Grant Hedrick, Jimmy Laughrea
- RB: D.J. Harper, Jay Ajayi
- FB: Dan Paul, Connor Peters
- X receiver: Matt Miller, Aaron Burks
- Z receiver: Chris Potter, Dallas Burroughs
- Slot receiver: Kirby Moore, Geraldo Boldewijn
- TE: Chandler Koch, Holden Huff
- LT: Charles Leno, Faraji Wright
- LG: Joe Kellogg, Spencer Gerke
- C: Matt Paradis, Spencer Gerke
- RG: Michael Ames, Jake Broyles
- RT: Brenel Myers, Rees Odhiambo
- DE: Demarcus Lawrence, Tyler Horn
- NT: Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe, Greg Grimes
- DT: Darren Koontz, Armand Nance
- Stud end: Sam Ukwuachu, Beau Martin OR Kharyee Marshall
- MLB: Tommy Smith, Blake Renaud
- WLB: J.C. Percy, Tyler Gray
- N: Dextrell Simmons, Corey Bell OR Jonathan Brown
- CB: Jamar Taylor, Ebo Makinde
- CB: Jerrell Gavins, Donte Deayon, Deon'tae Florence
- S: Jeremy Ioane, Hazen Moss
- S: Darian Thompson, Dillon Lukehart
- K: Michael Frisina, Dan Goodale
- P: Trevor Harman, Dan Goodale
- KO: Trevor Harman, Dan Goodale
- Holder: Matt Miller, Joe Southwick
- KR: D.J. Harper, Dallas Burroughs
- PR: Chris Potter
- Snapper: Chris Roberson, Kevin Keane
Now for some news and notes and wild speculation:
Defensive line does the shuffle
With the season-ending injury to Mike Atkinson and the uncertain injury status of Greg Grimes, the typically deep defensive tackle rotation is suddenly much less so. Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe slides into Atkinson's spot, and he'll be flanked by Darren Koontz in the starting lineup. Support comes via Armand Nance ... and that may be all the more support they get, unless you want to gain college eligibility and 200 more pounds.
Meet the future: Donte Deayon
Chris Petersen said a true freshman might play extensive minutes in Bryan Douglas' absence, and that freshman will be Deayon (pronounced "Deion," like Neon Deion). Petersen raved about him in his Monday press conference, and he is in line to be one of the Broncos' two new starters, alongside Douglas, next year.
He wears No. 30 and is listed as the team's third corner this week. Your friends will think you're so cool when you point all this out to them.
Southwick adds to his string of OK games
When asked in his press conference what he thought of the play of Joe Southwick, Chris Petersen responded with the only answer there really is.
He was OK.
For a follow-up question, the media asked if Grant Hedrick would get more snaps. Translation: Are you benching Joe Southwick? Petersen said no.