The Boise State basketball team is on the skids and skidding right into a date with No. 17-ranked destiny tomorrow night when the Broncos visit San Diego State (8:15 p.m. MT, CBS Sports Network). Hope for the best (UNLV redux), plan for the worst (losing by 40-burgers).
Tip-off is at 8:15 p.m. MT, and the game is available on your televisions on CBS Sports Network and on your radios at 670 KBOI. To get you ready for roundball Rudy, I've prepared five things to know about tomorrow night's Boise State - San Diego State basketball game-slash-schadenfreude.
1. The Boise State men's basketball team is 0-fer 2012. The Broncos have not won a game since December 31, but at least their last win was a life-affirming takedown of the Idaho Vandals. The closest BSU has come to victory since was an overtime loss last week to No. 15 UNLV.
2. The Broncos have used 11 different starting lineups in 20 games. Typically that means that a team is struggling to find chemistry and a successful mix of players. Or it could mean that Leon Rice has adopted the Boise State offensive line philosophy to starting lineups.
3. The Aztecs average just under 12,000 people at their home basketball games. Boise State just did crack 6,000 when UNLV came to town.
4. SDSU had their 11-game winning streak snapped at the hands of Colorado State on Saturday. So expect the Aztecs to either be seriously bummed or seriously out for bloodlust. Probably the latter.
5. Despite it not being a very good idea at all, I have agreed to a blog bet with OBNUG's Internet friend Aztecs Killing Him. The wages of the bet are the same that they are for football season: Winning team's blog gets a free post on losing team's blog. So tidy up for guests, everyone.
What do you think of Boise State's chances against San Diego State? When will the Broncos get their next win? Does the UNLV result give you hope? Share your thoughts in the comments.