Signing day will be here in three weeks, and assuming none of you all want to be surprised with who Boise State got this year, I think it's best that we review what the Broncos have been up to recruiting-wise over the past several months. This year's recruiting class, as per usual, is loaded with some talented players and more than a fair share of Texas kids. The only thing missing really is someone decommitting from Idaho to join Boise State. There's still time.
Here is a look at the incoming recruits so far in the 2012 Boise State recruiting class:
|Nick Patti||QB||Dr. Phillips||FL||5.11||185||3||3||72|
|Shane Rhodes||WR||Klein Collins||TX||5.7||160||3||3||73|
|Armand Nance||TE||Andy Denakey||TX||6.2||230||2||3||73|
|Devan Demas||RB||Cypress Creek||TX||5.9||165||3||3||76|
|Ben Weaver||OLB||Klein Collins||TX||6.1||225||3||3||79|
|Andrew Pint||LB||Valor Christian||CO||6.2||215||NR||2||76|
|Chanceller James||S||Steele Canyon||CA||6.3||195||3||2||76|
|Demarcus Lawrence||DE||Butler County CC||KS||6.4||250||3||3||JC|
|Sean Wale||K||La Habra||CA||6.3||175||NR||2||74|
|Elliot Hovte||OLB||Travistock College||UK||6.5||270||NR||NR||45|
Thanks to Scout.com's ranking addiction, we know that the Broncos currently have the No. 57 recruiting class in the land and the top class in the Mountain West among teams that will be in the Mountain West after July. With 19 recruits verbally committed to coming to Boise State next season, the Broncos still have a chance to improve on that No. 57 ranking, which is important to some people even though it's really a made-up number.
Keep your eye out for these names in your Statesmans and Press-Tribunes in the coming days:
- CB Ryan Santos - Boise State commit Ben Weaver's high school teammate at Klein Collins HS in Texas
- DT Aaron Curry - Three-star big body from Fossil Ridge HS in Texas
- DE James McFarland - From West Monroe HS in Louisiana; also considering TCU (gross!)
- FB Johmel Charles - From Dominguez HS in California; yet to be offered, according to the Internt
- CB Diamonte Wiggins - Three-star corner from Lynwood HS in California
- LB Jeremiah Allison - Three-star outside 'backer from Susan Miller Dorsey in California
- CB Alphonso Marsh - Four-star corner from Dominguez HS in California; seems to be favoring Utah and Washington
- CB Anthony Standifer - Decommitted from Michigan and now interested in going to pretty much every school
- S Kenny Iloka - Brother of George Iloka
There are sure to be other names of prospects that are on Boise State's radar. Fill me in by leaving a comment on this post.
So now that we've covered who's coming and who's on the radar, let's take a look at what positions might be left for Boise State to target. Here is a breakdown by position of who the Broncos have signed, sealed, and almost delivered:
And here is a look at the breakdown of Boise State's positions by class:
Conclusion: Get more offensive linemen and/or turn some running backs into offensive linemen.
What do you think about Boise State's recruiting class so far? Who should the Broncos go after next? What positions would you like to see BSU stock up on? Share your thoughts in the comments.