The Boise State basketball team enters the semifinals of the College Basketball Invitational tonight at Oregon, meaning we can expect many a troll in tonight's open comment thread. Welcome, trolls. And remember, "loser" is spelled with one "o," not two.
What should Bronco fans expect in tonight's game? I have some ideas after the jump, including a breakdown of the Ducks, a look at Oregon's new court, and a gallery of Paul Noonan derp faces. Go Broncos!
@ Oregon, 8:00 p.m.
7:00 p.m. MT, HDNet
Fast facts on tonight's game
- Boise State has won 10 of its last 11 games with the only loss coming against conference champion Utah State. Oregon has won four of its last five games with the only loss coming against conference champion Washington.
- The Broncos have not defeated a Pac-10 team since 2003 when BSU won at Oregon State.
- Oregon lost at home to Idaho and San Jose State this season.
- The Ducks' leading scorer is second-team Pac-10 forward Joevan Catron.
- Winner plays either Central Florida or Creighton for the CBI tournament title in a three-game series next Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday.
The University of Oregon basketball court ...
... as seen by both normal people and people on acid.
According to the court makers, the design is a representation of the view from beneath a forest of fir trees. Sure it is.
Boise State connections to the Oregon basketball team
- Leon Rice began his collegiate coaching career as an Oregon graduate assistant in 1989 and as a full-time assistant for two years after that.
- Current Bronco redshirt Drew Wiley transfered to Boise State after playing two years at Oregon.
- Oregon junior guard
DrewJohn Elorriaga is the older brother of Boise State starting true freshman guard Jeff Elorriaga. Drew has not played this year due to injury.
- Paul Noonan grew up in Beaverton, Oregon, and was a Ducks fan.
Paul Noonan's career in facial expressions
I'm not sure what I will miss more when Paul Noonan graduates - his three-point shooting or his facial expressions. Ah, who am I kidding? It's totally the facial expressions.
In serious pain.
Just saw a shirtless Stew Morrill in the stands.
How do you think Boise State will fare against Oregon tonight? Will you be watching or following the game? Is Oregon's basketball court the worst thing you've ever seen or have you been to an Eastern Washington game? Share your thoughts in the comments.