I know that it is a crazy thought for a two loss nonAQ team to be thinking about a BCS game but hear me out.
The BCS rules state:
3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:
A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
Since BSU is not going to win the MWC this year they are out of contention for a BCS AQ birth even if they remain ranked about TCU.
- In this scenario Houston has to lose so that is 1 spot.
- #18 Michigan plays #16 Nebraska.
- #15 Georgia will play in the SEC championship Game.
- #14 Kansas plays at #23 Texas
- #15 Michigan State will play in the Big10 Championship game.
Does TCU going to the Big12 make this point Mute?
Do we care?
Would TCU's forfeiture of the BCS money from this game take any of the sting of BSU not going out?