The WAC came out with its ESPN schedule today, and like most WAC football announcements, Boise State is the big winner.
The Broncos will face Nevada in the de facto WAC championship on Thanksgiving Friday, and Boise State's trip to face the Vandals will air on ESPN. After the jump, view the full six-game slate of Bronco games on ESPN, and share your thoughts in the comments on which one you're most anxious to see.
Full ESPN schedule for WAC football
- Thursday, Sept. 2, USC at Hawaii, 7:00 p.m. HT, ESPN
- Saturday, Sept. 4, Cincinnati at Fresno State, 7:00 p.m. PT, ESPN2
Monday, Sept. 6, Boise State vs. Virginia Tech, 8:00 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Friday, Sept. 17, California at Nevada, 7:00 p.m. PT, ESPN2
Saturday, Sept. 25, Oregon State at Boise State, TBD, ESPN or ESPN2
- Friday, Oct. 1, BYU at Utah State, TBD, ESPN or ESPN2
Tuesday, Oct. 26, *Louisiana Tech at Boise State, 6:00 p.m. MT, ESPN2
Friday, Nov. 12, *Boise State at Idaho, 6:00 p.m. PT, ESPN2
Friday, Nov. 19, *Fresno State at Boise State, 7:30 p.m. MT, ESPN2
- Friday, Nov. 26, *Boise State at Nevada, 7:15 p.m. PT, ESPN2
Joe Tessitore should be very pleased with this
Tessitore is ESPN's resident Friday night voice .. unfortunately. He and partner-in-yuks Rod Gilmore get the Broncos for the final three weeks of the regular season thanks to a string of Friday night contests against Idaho, Fresno, and Nevada. Maybe Tessitore will figure out that Kellen Moore is left-handed by the Nevada game. Or maybe not. He has a lot on his plate what with that fantasy team he keeps talking about.
Your 2009 Boise State half-schedule
- Monday, September 6, vs. Virginia Tech (at Washington, D.C.), ESPN
- Saturday, September 11 - BYE
- Saturday, September 18, @ Wyoming
- Saturday, September 25, vs. Oregon State, ESPN or ESPN2 or ABC
- Saturday, October 2 - @ New Mexico State
- Saturday, October 9, vs. Toledo
- Saturday, October 16 - @ San Jose State
Tuesday, October 26, Louisiana Tech, ESPN2
- Saturday, November 6 - vs. Hawaii
- Friday, November 12, at Idaho, ESPN2
- Friday, November 19, vs. Fresno State, ESPN2
- Friday, November 26, at Nevada, ESPN2
- Saturday, December 4 - vs. Utah State
The remaining teams: vs. Utah State, @ San Jose State, vs. Hawaii, and @ New Mexico State
Boise State will play into December once again
Thanks to a Labor Day Monday showdown with VaTech and a Tuesday night game Louisiana Tech, the Broncos have two sort-of-byes during the season, meaning they will be playing a December game for the second year in a row. Not only that, but a December game that probably won't matter at all. Who do you want it to be against?
A Tuesday night game!
Are you happy that ESPN and the WAC chose a rematch of Boise State and Nevada for its de facto WAC championship? Surprised that the Worldwide Leader would want to send a crew to Moscow again? A little bit guilty that Boise State gets so much attention? Share your thoughts in the comments.