The Broncos had an easy week of hoops, only playing one game, defeating Houston Baptist 96-59 with many Broncos playing well, and all of them scoring except Nate Larsen. And because of the short week I will be doing a short recap as the Broncos move closer to WAC play.
3 Awesome Things:
- SCORING! The Broncos scored 47 first-half points, which is pretty amazing until you consider they were playing Houston Baptist (a Division I school).
- Anthony Thomas: The senior finally found his shot, scoring 16.
- Double-doubles: Rare for the Broncos, but they didn't just have 1, they had 2. Daequon Montreal scoring 16 and 10 rebs. And Zack Moritz scoring 10 and 12 rebs.
- HOLIDAY BONUS: More scoring, the Broncos went on a decade best 23-1 run in the first half.
1 Bad Thing
- Nate Larsen (not as a player). He was the only Bronco not to score; I guess he wasn't feeling good after Fresno State almost ruined his bowl pick 'em with their loss.
- Attendance - 2,417.
- Scoring - Thomas/Montreal 16.
- Reb - Montreal/Moritz 10/12.
One Opinion - I've talked abot Noonan needing to shoot, well he did...... and he shot a respectable 33% but missed some pretty easy shots. I want him to take more 3's, less mid-range. He's not there yet in terms of taking the most shots.
I know this was short but this is what happens when you hold off on xmas shopping. Happy Holidays to all.