For the first time, I was able to watch all six undefeated teams in the same weekend. I am not sure it helped draw any conclusions, except that Texas has some real concerns on defense and does not belong at No. 1. Alabama propels to No. 1 with a slight edge over Florida based on their overall resume. I do feel that Florida will beat the Tide in the SEC Championship Game, so maybe the Gators should be the top rated team. Overall the top four teams are interchangeable and could be reasonably ranked in any order.
How would you rank the undefeated teams? Post your comments or observations on the poll after the jump.
|Last week's ballot|
- Oregon is the best among teams that have a loss and they may be better than Cincinnati.
- Penn State seems too high, but no one below them is really impressive either. Their best win might be over 9-3 Temple.
- Speaking of Temple, it was fun while it lasted.
- Speaking of too high, does USC really belong at No. 15? Maybe that late touchdown against UCLA was the tipping point to move them higher.
- I still don't understand the love for Utah in other polls. Yes, their three losses came against opponents with four combined losses of their own. But their nine wins came against teams that have only 28 combined FBS victories to their credit. For comparison, Temple has similar numbers with losses to teams combining for five losses and wins against teams combining for 29 FBS victories.