The first annual NUGie awards are a celebration of the players, plays, moments, and memories from the past year of Boise State football. Get backstage information on the OBNUG Facebook group, and learn more about the awards on the NUGies homepage.
NUGie Punchline of the Year
Presented by: the OBNUG Intern
Thank you, everyone, for coming out to the first annual NUGies. Can I get anyone anything? Coach McMackin, would you like another Diet Pepsi?
I think it is appropriate that I am presenting the NUGie for Punchline of the Year because I started out the year as a punchline. I didn't check facts when asked to. I skipped over misspelled words and grammar errors. I got Kevan a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with mayo when he specifically asked for no mayo.
But I overcome those mistakes to earn the respect and trust of my bosses, and to get a passive-aggressive letter of recommendation that I can use down the road. If I can do it, these nominees can do it. Just because you start as a punchline doesn't mean you have to end as one. Take control of your life! Take back the -- OK, Kevan's giving me the eye. Here are the nominees:
- Graham Watson. Quite possibly the least qualified ESPN employee since Mark Schlereth.
- Brian Murphy. Uses fragments and Domino's pizza to win over his readers.
- Greg McMackin's soda addiction. At least he makes it a diet.
- Jared Zabransky working at P.F. Chang's. Seemed like a good fit when we started the rumor. Clairevoyant much?
- David Augusto. His uninformative reporting and lack of boundaries make for good material.
And the NUGie Punchline of the Year award goes to ...
Congratulations to Graham Watson. Her factual inaccuracies, misspellings, and the time when she literally said "I'll never doubt Boise State again" and then picked against the Broncos the next week really put her over the top. A celebration dinner will be held at P.F. Chang's. Dinner on "Z"!