The first annual NUGie awards are a celebration of the players, plays, moments, and memories from the past year of Boise State football. Get backstage information on the OBNUG Facebook group, and learn more about the awards on the NUGies homepage.
NUGie Offensive MVP
Presented by Dustin Lapray:
Salutations and obeisances to you all. I am honored and beholden to present the NUGie for Offensive MVP, or, as the french say, la joueur plus de grande valeur. Excellence in offensive football is akin to a cacophony of mountain bluebirds, twittering with gusto a love song to philanthropic Mother Nature . It is beautiful, like a freckled Southern Belle drinking cherry cola from an ornate stein. And these men have achieved it.
Behold, the aspirants for NUGie Offensive MVP:
- Kellen Moore. Pretty much the greatest thing ever to happen to Boise State football since the Idaho Powerball mascot started showing up at games.
- Jeremy Avery. Made the biggest plays against both San Jose State and Idaho.
- Jeremy Childs. Dependable, solid, always in the right place at the right time (except for the 2007 Hawaii Bowl).
- Vinny Perretta. You won't find three bigger catches than Perretta's long grabs against Oregon, Nevada, and TCU. Also, as Rod Gilmore is prone to point out, he can do so many things.
- Andrew Woodruff. The brightest bright spot and the biggest leader on the offensive line.
And the NUGie Offensive MVP award goes to ...
Congratulations to Kellen Moore. Without Moore being part of the offense, the Broncos would not have had the same level of success that they did. We hope he celebrates by watching gametape of Oregon's Holiday Bowl defense.